1. Choose a sunny location for planting. Be sure to allow a 15 foot diameter space for the tree so it has room to grow.
2. Do not mix any potting soil, manure, fertilizer or anything with the soil when you plant.
3. Take the tree out of the container by laying it on its side and slipping in the container off.
4. Bury the root ball so the soil level is the same as it was in the container.
5. Leave a mound around the tree to form a basin, fill with water, washing the soil into any empty pockets around the root ball.
6. Once your tree is firmly planted, fertilize your plant.